
Last week we celebrated our 21 anniversary. Well celebrated might be a stretch since the full extent on THAT day was a card I gave Eric, and uh, well he said Happy Anniversary...
But, we did get the opportunity to get away last weekend. We flew to SLC where the plan was for me to run the SLC 1/2 marathon, and he would run the full marathon. Well, my calf is still not great, and he has not had time to train. So, he ran the 1/2 and I slept in...
But, we had a great weekend. We spent a lot of time in Provo - remembering those fun times being poor college students who could not wait to get out of Provo. What were we thinking? Those were pretty fun times. We also enjoyed lots of pink cookies, BYU Creamery (but not 3 gallons worth), and the Brick Oven.
And here is my question for you. When did these college kids get so young looking?? I am pretty sure we look the same, right?

Well, this was just never a good look for me... It was the 80's folks. Anyway I digress...
It was a great weekend and we had a great time just being together! I am grateful for this partner who chooses to travel on this crazy journey together with me.
And, we left the kids ALL ALONE. It is a milestone. Of course, we won't be able to do it again once Ryan leaves, but it was nice to know they would be OK. Thanks to everyone who checked on them (and thanks to Jennifer to being my spy). I hear there were a couple of members of the ward who were concerned they would be OK since they were all alone. Everyone is still alive, and I have not heard any crazy stories from the twins. Eric is home this week and I have stayed in Utah to work this week. Life gets back to normal...
10 comments:
Ummm...why are you wearing your pajama pants with a sweater? I was around for the 80s, but I missed out on the pajama thing. Too bad. I love pajamas.
Congrats you guys...both on the anniversary...and leaving your kids home!!
Happy 21 yrs! - What an accomplishment, seriously!! I'm so glad y'all got to get away, and you sleeping is my kind of marathon ;). Sorry about your calf though. Oh and LOVE the pics - especially the sweet pants your sporting ;)
way to go you two! blazing the way for the rest of us...
Happy Anniversary! I loved that pic of y'all in the 80s. Loved it. We won't try to figure out how old I was when you took that pic. haha
I can't wait for one day when Ian and I make it to Provo together to reminisce. Sounds like a perfect little getaway to me.
Hey Carrie,
I was so impressed with your kids on Sunday! Sophie braided and pig tailed the twins hair. They looked so cute! Your kids were amazing during church...I was impressed with their good behavior. You would have been proud of them. When we dropped dinner off on Saturday Tori said, "I can tell their parents are out of town...the house is a mess and there are empty pizza boxes everywhere! hee-hee!
Hey, Ryan doesn't leave until August...why not take a few more vacations??? :O)
You are better looking today. Amazing how well you age. Congrats on 21.
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a really enjoyable weekend together.
ADORABLE picture! You both look about 16 years old.
The kids sat behind us on Sunday. I noted that you never showed up to join them and I sort of guessed you'd left them with Ryan for the weekend. They were on time and looked as beautiful as ever! Kudos to Ryan for being so trustworthy!
Nice pants.
Penny loafers! Do you both still have them? Cause you know, I'm bringing em back!
You guys are awesome! Congrats! We're just happy over here that we can make it to a movie now that Rachel's 12!
My parents used to leave me incharge all the time when I was in high school and they'd go on trips. It's all good. I do recall one fender bender and several parties...
Post a Comment