Thursday, August 05, 2010

My Baby Is 20!

Ryan Linford Pearson, August 5, 1990

How the heck did that happen?  And how can I have a 20 year old?  Time just flies by.  This is how I remember him - the cutest little boy you ever did see.

August 1992.


Sleeping 1995.

He loved that pooh bear - and from our trip to Disney last year I believe he still does love Pooh.  He wore that corduroy blazer night and day for a while.  I guess it prepared him to wear a suit and be a missionary.



I am so proud of the person he is - of the man that he is becoming.  It is amazing to get letters from him that are so upbeat - I know it is hard sometimes.  To see his testimony grow like it has is amazing.  He is the quiet one, but when he speaks what he says is from the heart.  I know in another year he will grow that much more.

He continues to amaze me with his obedience and sacrifice.  And who could resist those dimples?  They are pretty cute.



And the older he gets the more he is just like his father.  This picture is from a hike he did this week on p-day.  The look on his face, the way he is standing it is all Eric.

This is the first, of many, birthdays that we will think of him and he is not here.  We can't even talk to him - or email.  But I know he is doing what he should be doing, and for that I am grateful.  I can pray for him and feel the peace that he is happy, and knows he is loved.

Kelsey asked if we could still have a cake for him - she must be my daughter.  Any excuse for cake!


2 comments:

jt said...

UGH! You know he is missing YOU today. Happy Birthday Ryan!

shamm said...

He was also a heck of an excuse to get out of Vegas....He may be one of the only missionaries who can say he had two dads. ;) At least for a couple months....