We had a nice relaxing holiday weekend. Complete with swimming and not doing much of anything. I think that sets the proper groundwork for the summer - don't you?
I missed festival season in my extended family. What is festival season you ask? I have a friend who had 6 kids. All of them, with maybe one exception, have summer birthdays - both she and her husband have summer birthdays. She would refer to it as festival season.
Over the last week, there were 5 birthdays in my family! Crazy but true. So, here is my shout out to all the Quigley/Linford/Heningers who had a birthday.
First up was Josh.
Josh at the Stockyards December 2008
Josh is just a couple of months younger than the twins, so they have always had fun playing with him. Josh had kind of a rough start on life - he cried A LOT. And remember I had Sophie. Josh's problem was he was a momma's boy to the extreme. If Julie was not holding him, he was crying. He is a fabulous kid now and the girls love to play with him - especially Allie.
Allie and Josh Easter 2010.
Then it was Megan's birthday.
Laurie, Megan and Michelle - Go Cougars!
Megan and Blake Quigley August 2008
Jordyn was our next celebrant.
Kelsey, Jordyn and Sophie Easter 2010.
My brother Matt and his wife Julie have taken Jordyn into their home and they are raising her. She has been with us about two years (on a funny note, when Steven got off the plane from his mission in Brazil he kept looking at Jordyn, then someone told him who she was. He said to me, no one told me we had a new family member!) Jordyn is funny, sweet and a good example to my girls. I have not seen her roll her eyes to Julie once!
Our little Jonah, or donut as I call him, was our next birthday boy.
The Heningers - Jonah is in the cowboy hat!
I have no reason to call him donut, I just do. He lives in California - so I don't get to see him as much as I would like. He is funny and a crazy boy. I submit the next photo as proof of his craziness.
Our last participant is my brother Michael's wife, Erika.
Michael and Erika August 2008.
She and Michael just celebrated their first anniversary in April, so I guess she is the newest member of the family. She is wonderful - she is smart, funny, and very thoughtful. She and Michael were the hosts of this year's easter egg hunt.
The Pearson kids with Michael and Erika - Easter 2010
That wraps up festival season. All those birthdays and I did not get ONE single piece of cake. What is up with that??? I hope everyone had a great birthday.









1 comment:
You are so smart. I like your post. I wish I was closer to all the action.
Post a Comment