Monday, May 17, 2010

My Babies Are Growing Up





One of the rites of passage when you are a Pearson girl is getting your ears pierced.  This is done at the ripe old age of 9.  Funny, I thought Kelsey was so grown up at 9 - and the twins still seem too young.  Maybe still referring to them as the babies is not such a good thing?  My brother Patrick recently said the following to me, "The twins, while it pains me to say so, are no longer babies. You need to reexamine that paradigm and perhaps in a way that will fit with you still seeing yourself as 34..."  Thanks Patrick.

Back to Allie and Caroline.  Their birthday fell during soccer season this year.  If you have newly pierced ears and you play soccer you need to put band aids on them and it is kind of a pain.  So, I convinced them to wait until the end of the season.

Well, they are done and they were ready for the piercing to begin!  We went to Claire's at the mall - the same place both Kelsey and Sophie had their ears pierced.  Here are the pictures.

Allie had to go first because she is the brave one.  This is while she is waiting for it to be done:


You can see she is a little nervous, but not much.


All smiles - see it did not hurt at all!


Caroline practicing her breathing techniques.


All smiles when it is done.

I was really proud of both of them.  Neither one cried, although Caroline did have herself pretty psyched out.  Once it was done, they were both very happy.  Now I am hoping we have better luck with them than we did with Sophie.  She had a mess and it got infected etc.  She did admit she was not really good about taking care of them.  The twins seem to be on top of it.

11 1/2 days of school left - will we survive??

1 comment:

MarlaKD said...

You make me chuckle. We still call Julia and Lacey "The Babies" and I get called on it sometimes. One sister-in-law, especially. She's right, I suppose. They are going into kindergarten this fall, and would have last fall if they'd been born five days sooner. I've kind of picked up a habit of calling them "my little ones" in place of "babies". I wonder how long I can get away with that one?